SALES & ADMINISTRATION
PETER BARHYDT, is a 1977 graduate of the University of Western Ontario in Engineering Science, Chemical Engineering. Peter has over twenty-five years in applications, project engineering and sales. He is a registered Professional Engineer in Ontario and Newfoundland and a member of ISA and IPE
His experience includes ten years in the pulp & paper industry, from production supervision and application specialist to project engineering and project management. Mr. Barhydt also had over ten years of sales and management experience at Moore Products Co. (Canada) Inc. At Moore he spent his last nine years as Regional Manager of Central Canada, where he managed a team of professional, including sales, support and applications personnel. Recently at Arctic, Peter has been particularly involved in BMS issues both in training and with the approval process. He is an active member of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) 22.2 #199 Committee on “Combustion Safety Controls and Solid State Igniters for Gas and Oil Burning Equipment” as well as a member of a volunteer task group reviewing the PLC requirements for the CSA B149.3#00 Committee “Code for Field Approvals of Fuel Related Components on Applications and Equipment” and TSSA subcommittee members on PLC implementation, grandfathering definitions, and oil code implementation. Peter has taught Burner Management concepts for a professional development/technical training institute.
Some of Peter’s projects where he had particular interest include:
- Steam Plant Control System at Cameco, Port Hope, Ontario
- Steam Plant Control System at Norampac, Trenton, Ontario
- Steam Plant at Abitibi-Price, Fort William Division, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Paper Machine, De-inking Plant, and Effluent Plant at Pine Falls Paper, Pine Falls, Manitoba
- Sears - Life Cycle Estimating Boilers 1, 2, & 3, Toronto, Ontario
- Campbell Soup - Life Cycle Estimating Boilers 1, 2, 3 & 4, Toronto, Ontario
- Delphi Automotive - Supply and Commission Controls for 4 boilers, Warren, Ohio
- Toledo General Hospital – Controls Upgrade Boilers 1 & 2
- New Burner, BMS, and Controls for Family Tradition Foods, Tecumseh, Ontario
- Labatt Breweries – Controls Upgrade #1 Boiler, Toronto, Ontario
- Norampac – Supply and Commission Delta V based controls and BMS boilers 1 & 2, Red Rock, Ontario
- Unilever – Waste oil Firing Boiler 2, Toronto, Ontario
- Humber Treatment – Supply and commission four rental boilers, supply and install new multi-flue stack, Toronto, Ontario
- Chrysler – Reactivate Boiler #5 after greater than ten years decommissioned, Windsor, Ontario
- Mr. Barhydt’s responsibilities are primarily sales and marketing; however, he also provides consulting in TSSA issues and Boiler Life Cycle Estimates and bid preparation/specification work to customers as needed.
STUART BROWN, QA Manager, has been working in the field of inspections and insurance liaisons for more than twenty years. His original credentials include a Marine Chief Engineer First Class Certificate, with varied experiences in freight ship power plants and engines. Stuart also worked later at Ontario’s Ministry of Consumer and Corporate Affairs (MCCR), where he provided inspection services for Boiler and Pressure Vessel Safety, and the Operating Engineers. As well as operating as a Jurisdictional Inspector and Provincial Offences Officer, he worked as a Nuclear Safety Officer for Construction of Pressure Retaining Components. These experiences led him to later positions as an ASME audit team member and Liaison to the AECL Nuclear Project managers as well as inspection, of repair and construction projects from antique riveted boilers to Class 1 Nuclear Fueling Machines. His most recent work after branching out on his own included work as a chartered Insurance Professional with Risk Insurance Management as his interest and later as a consultant for developing TSSA approved plans for Power Piping, Process Piping and Boiler Repair.
Stuart covers Eastern Ontario and the Maritimes for Arctic Combustion, as well as inspection and QA services.
RITA CONNORS, Office Manager. Our Customer Service Representative and Accounting Specialist joined Arctic Combustion in May 2006.
- Rita has a Marketing Certificate and is attending Sheridan College to attain her degree in Accounting. She is a Commissioner for Arctic
Combustion and has her forklift training, making her a very versatile employee.
- Rita has spent 15 years in the Industrial Chemical Industry as Office Manager performing services similar to that of Arctic Combustion. Previous experience has mainly been in an industrial setting attaining experience in both Customer Service and Sales and Accounting.
CRAIG MATTHEWS, Account Manager SW Ontario, is a 1986 graduate in Biochemistry from McMaster University. He worked for more than twelve years at Nalco where he gained considerable knowledge of the waterside of boilers, and as such, brought to Arctic Combustion a wealth of complementary knowledge to our standard main core of boiler controls, burner management, and the fire side of boiler installations. Also, Craig developed skills in marketing and technical support through his work at an industrial coatings company, StonCor, as well as a building systems manufacturer, Canam Steel Works. In addition to sales coverage in southwestern Ontario, Craig regularly participates in Arctic Combustions water side reviews, and can offer unbiased consulting into water treatment issues. He participates in the Institute of Power Engineers, and is well known in power plants across southern and southwestern Ontario.
His experience profile includes:
- London District Energy – Burner replacement with low NOX burners, BMS control upgrades, maintenance and service, London, Ontario
- Hiram Walker – New igniters for boiler, Windsor, Ontario
- Kellogg’s – Repair of the boiler refractory and casing, BMS control upgrades, maintenance and service, London, Ontario
- Interforest – Boiler rental supply and installation, Durham, Ontario
- University of Guelph – Replacement of economizer with new unit, Guelph, Ontario
- Bonduelle (Green Giant Foods) – Arctic Guard plant monitoring system, Tecumseh, Ontario
- Condensing Heat Recovery studies performed at several locations throughout Ontario
- Heinz - Condensate recovery study, Blow down Control implementation, Implemented new boiler control strategies, Leamington, Ontario
- General Motors - Boiler efficiency studies, Closed system heating and cooling start-up, Windsor, Ontario
- Ford - Boiler resin replacement, Demineralizer efficiency study, Introduced new boiler control strategies, St. Thomas, Ontario
- Imperial Oil - Boiler fuel additive studies, implemented new boiler chemical control strategies, Sarnia, Ontario
- Campbell’s Soup - Boiler pretreatment studies, Boiler internal treatment program, Etobicoke, Ontario
DENIS SEARS, Account Manager,- Maritimes is a Mechanical Engineering Technologist, joined Arctic Combustion in November of 2007. Denis obtained his diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Buildings & Energy from NBCC in Moncton, NB in 1988. Denis’ duties at Arctic are primarily to support the growth of Arctic’s sales and service offerings in Atlantic Canada. Denis has worked for Public Works and Government Services Canada in the Technical Support Group of Facilities Management and sales for Honeywell Home and Building Controls. He spent over 10 years with Black and McDonald Ltd. in sales and as the Area Supervisor for the New Brunswick Service Division where he managed a group of 22 professionals including Administration, Estimating & Sales, HVAC Technicians and Stationary Engineers. His responsibilities also included mechanical design, estimating, and proposal development in support of the existing and new customer base. He currently holds a 4th class stationary engineers license and is a member of IPE and ASHRAE. He has sat as a Director and Chairman on the board of the Mechanical Contractors Association of New Brunswick, The New Brunswick Chapter of ASHRAE and as a Management representative on the Joint Conference Board and Trustee of the New Brunswick Pipe Trades Pension Plan.
Denis has been involved in the following projects where his particular interests include:
- Service/Maintenance Program Molson Brewery, Saint John’s, Newfoundland
- Service/Maintenance Program, UNB Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Burner Controls Upgrade - 22,000 MBH Gas Irving Tissue, Saint John, New Brunswick
- Burner Replacement, Boiler #1 General Motors Distribution Facility in Moncton, New Brunswick
- Boiler plant Operations and Maintenance for Canadian Coast Guard, Saint John, New Brunswick
- Boiler plant Operations and Maintenance for GM, Moncton, New Brunswick
- Boiler plant Operations and Maintenance for Irving Tissue, Dieppe, New Brunswick
- Natural Gas Burner Conversion, All Appliances, Poly Cello, Amherst, Nova Scotia
- Natural Gas Burner Conversion, All Appliances, Weston Bakery, Amherst, Nova Scotia
MELISSA BOUDREAU, Customer Service Representative.